Our PhilosophyWe do LESS, but BETTER
Systematic and progressive approach that is age, skill, and experience level appropriate to the overall development of the football player.
- Employing a fundamentally sound educational approach
- Whole-part-whole and part-whole approach
- Utilizing trigger words and phrases to elicit consistent responses to key stimulus
- Breakdown position play into its components
- Utilizing and sound and efficient mechanics and biomechanics
- Integrate the components together.
Utilizing a series of progressive drills that will be both predicted and unpredicted
- Predicted Drills – Athletes know the stimulus/type of decision and the appropriate response beforehand. Thus allowing the players to focus and learn the correct technique to handle the different situations they will see.
- Unpredicted Drills – A progression from predicted drills where the players will learn to recognize the stimulus and read and react accordingly to each type of situation they will see.
- Drills will be executed repeatedly to increase muscle memory and engrain automatic responses and have a direct link to each other as well as a clear flow into real game situations.
Ensuring athletes understand the how, why, when, and where of their position tactics and how they apply to real game situations.
- Educating them and giving them the knowledge to be students of the game so as they move forward in their career and face bigger challenges, have the knowledge, and the tools to separate themselves from their competition.
- It could be argued that most talents are to some extent given, but as player progress up the levels of football, his success will depend on how he builds upon his given talent.
- It is our goal to give developing players the knowledge and skills to exploit the most out of their given talent.
Finally and most importantly we will begin to develop and nurture the mentality to play the position.
- Football players must develop a relentless approach and strive to give maximum effort both mentally and physically at all times.
- This must be instilled and developed in training and transferred to games because without it, nothing else we teach will matter!
Coach Mac is a veteran high school English teacher and football coach in the East Valley of the Phoenix Metro area. Since 1995 Coach Mac has coached youth sports, jr. high, high school, and college football. In the last decade, he’s coached and coordinated some of the state’s best players and best squads, but also got to impact hundreds more other young men who didn’t go on to play college ball.
Coach Harvey has an extensive background in the strength and conditioning/sports performance field. He has worked as a college and high school strength and conditioning coach as well as a sports performance coach and director of sports performance at a nationally recognized performance company. In that time he had the privilege to help athletes from middle school through professionals obtain their performance goals, including his own son, Ross, a defensive lineman at Wabash College.
Coach Short develops quarterbacks with Authority Football through his attention to detail, consistent communication, and great care for our athletes. Additionally, Coach Short started the Toros football program in 2013 to build a program focused first on character, then athletic, then football-specific development. With the invaluable support of his family, the program has emerged as one of the best places to develop young men, athletes, and football players in the Phoenix/Metro valley.
Coach Krout joined Authority Football in 2014 to develop receivers and defensive backs. Coach Krout focuses on technique and desire above all attributes for his athletes. Coach Krout brings extensive experience from the Pac-10 and the NFL and translates his rich repertoire of coaching so that it is easily accessible for all of our athletes whether they are 8 or 18.
The Authority Football coaching staff is composed only of the highest quality men with the highest commitment to the craft of coaching and developing our athletes. If we don’t do it world class, then we don’t do it. Check to the right to see what we do.
- Quarterback Development 100%
- Speed Development 100%
- Strength Development 100%
- Receiver Development 100%
- Defensive Line Development 100%
- Linebacker Development 100%
- Leadership Development 100%
- Coaching Development 100%